A Date with a True-Blue SAHM

I went to meet my neighbor cum high school friend-turned-kumare Tinay last Saturday. She's a balikbayan from Singapore. She has a baby girl too who is turning 1 year old this January. Her baby's baptismal and advance birthday celebration will be done here so we decided to meet before everything becomes toxic because of the party preps.

Apart from the usual "remember-way-back-when" stories of our high school days and past love lives (hahaha!), we talked endlessly about our new commonality - our husbands and babies! Tinay used to be in the corporate life too prior to giving birth. We both love shopping and dining. Now, she's a full-time SAHM. They don't have a yaya since they live in a foreign country and it's kinda hard to entrust your baby to some one else more so if you don't have any family member who will oversee how the baby is taken care of.

Hubby and I actually visited her in Singapore last June. There we saw that Tinay has transformed into a superwoman!! I know how hard it can be to be alone most of the time to take care of the baby. Lucky me, I have a reliable yaya to help me with Zoe. I feel minsan na susuko ako kung walang katulong. Hehehe. Pero Tinay showed me the beauty of being a SAHM when she told me that sometimes, she also wants to go out and have some "me" time but when she's out naman, she misses her baby naman. Naks Tinay, ibang-iba ka na. Motherhood has changed you a lot (and that's a compliment!).

Well I guess it's somewhat bittersweet to be a SAHM. It's something I've wanted to be but, somehow, it's still not in works right now. Maybe next year, who knows?

Anyway, here are some pics of our date. We had a great lunch at ever reliable Conti's in Serendra.

See how much we've grown -- to think we were the thinner ones in high school! LOL

Wacky pose - japan-japan!


Our order - Mango Royale Salad, Baked Salmon, Lengua Estofado and Mango Bravo (oops, sorry kalahati na lang). Panalo lahat 'to promise!



Until our next meeting, Tinay! Call me anytime if you want to shop around Metro Manila. :-)

Comments

Mich said…
the best ang conti's ano? but the best pa din ang girl bonding. :)
Vina P said…
totally agree! :-)
Vina P said…
totally agree! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky