Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Got this tag from Jacqui! Thanks girl!
Participants: 1. Me and Mine 2. Creative in Me 3. Little Peanut 4. Pea in a Pod 5. Sugar Magnolias 6. Supermodel Wannabe 7. FunFierceFaboulous 8. A Sweet Taste of Life 9. My Simple Joys 10. Life's Simple Pleasures 11. On A Wonderful Day Like Today
* First real job: Bank Clerk
* First screen name: Babes
* First funeral: Lolo Inso
* First pet: Michie
* First piercing: ears
* First tattoo: None
* First credit card: Metrobank
* First kiss: secret!
* First enemy: maybe Elaine from Grade 6 (we're out of touch now)
* Last car ride: Today with Hunny
* Last kiss: Hunny
Passing on this tag to AidiSan, Tracy, and Nol!
( This picture, however, was taken inside Max's resto in Shangrila LOL).
While in the car, you'll know that there's a Jollibee store or picture somewhere when you hear Zoe say a loud HHHHiiiiiii (with matching wave)!!! It's really funny.
::Start Copy Here::
5. Come back once in a while to get the master list! Let’s see how this makes our Technorati and PR goes up!
6. DO NOT REMOVE THIS: scrap page made by Yen. Using alphas and tapes from Kate H., flowers from Ida,paper by Catrine.
1. Me and Mine 2.Creative In Me 3.Little Peanut 4. Pea in a Pod 5. Sugar Magnolias 6.Because Life Is Fun 7. Piece o’Kaje 8. Mon a Bric 9. Celebrate Life 10.My Journey11. Deeply In Love 12. Pink and Brown Diaries 13. Happyheart 14. Wilstop 15. FunFierceFab 16. Just Me…Eds 17. My Life in this Wonderful World! 18. Random Thoughts 19. My Colorful World 20. 100% Kelly 21. Shopaholic Pat 22. Vina's On a Wonderful Day Like Today 23. YOUR BLOG HERE:
:End Copy Here::
Monday, May 26, 2008
First to celebrate is me (May 13), my cousin Ate Rizza (May 19), then my Tita Mila (May 21), my Dad (May 22), my cousin Ria (May 23), my sister (May 24), and finally my Tito Jerry (May 30).
As a tradition in my family, we always go up to Antipolo to give thanks for our May birthdays. And so on my sister's birthday, I invited my Tito Freddie and Tita Mila from Germany for a short pilgrimage to Antipolo to visit the historical Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage.
The place was crowded with pilgrims like us. Though it was hot inside, I felt very happy for it brought back wonderful memories of my childhood. :-)
We just had a quick snack in the nearby Red Ribbon in WalterMart.
The day ended quite well. It was a very happy day for me and my family. Too bad my Dad is still in Batangas and was not there to celebrate with us. He did pass by with cake and palabok earlier that day daw on their way back to Batangas.
Thanks Kelly for the tag!
Participants: Tere-Blessing in Life 2. Yen- Me and Mine 3. Aggie - Pink and Brown Diaries. 4. Jane - My Charmed Life. 5. Kelly - 100% Kelly 6. Vina
1. What do you want for your birthday? Find it here.
2. Who will be your next kiss? Hunny for sure.
3. When was the last time you went to the mall? ? Yesterday. Had to do some grocery shopping.
4. Are you wearing socks right now? Nope, but I'm wearing stockings now.
5. How did you spend your summer? So-so, haven't got the chance to go to the beach.
6. Have you been to the cinema in the last 5 days? Nah. It's been long time.
7. What was the last thing you had to drink? Coffee made by my husband.
8. What are you wearing right now? DKNY blouse, black skirt.
9. What was your last purchase? The Cat Who Came to Breakfast book by Lillian Jackson Braun.
10. What was the last food you ate? Sopas for breakfast.
11. Who would be the person you would call if you were up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep? My husband.
12. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week? An aquamarine long-sleeve blouse from Kisses & Co.
13. Do you have a pet? Yup, Kikay.
14. What made you laugh in the last 5 days? Hunny and Zoe.
15. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be? At home with Zoe. Definitely.
16. What is the last thing you purchased online? A watch.
17. One thing you hate about yourself? I'm so lazy. Whhaaa.
18. Do you miss anyone? My Mom.
19. What are your plans for the day? Bday treat from one of the bosses today.
20. Last person you msg’d? Hunny.
21. Ever went to a camp? Yeah, star scout camp.
22. Are you a good student in school? Yup.
23. What do you know about the (your) future? Well, OMNIA IN BONUM.
24. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? Just the usual Victoria Secret cologne for today.
25. Where is/are your best friend/s right now? Just somewhere near.
Have fun and tag as much blogger friends you have!
Grab this tag: Jenny, Jean, Jona, Arlene and Sheila!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Thanks Jean for this tag! I enjoyed it!
Feel free to snag friends!
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The second of the new big screen Narnia films finds the once glorious kingdom under the rule of a dark empire.
Review by Leticia Velasquez Monday, 19 May 2008
Directed by Andrew Adamson 140 min. PG
In the dark kingdom of Telmar on the other side of the river, the inhabitants have long considered the story of Aslan’s salvation of Narnia and the brave deeds of its kings and queens, fairy tales for children and the simple-minded. Prince Caspian, whose parents are dead, was forbidden by King Miraz to learn of such things, yet his wise and gentle Professor (Vincent Grass) had secretly told him the truth. The young Prince hardly dared believe in such nobility, living as he did in a kingdom of darkness ruled by his uncle, a violent usurper of the throne.
Spectacular natural scenery seen in powerful aerial shots combined with the familiar lyrical musical themes from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe effectively transport the audience into another world. A teenage girl who attended the movie with me, said, “It’s depressing to come out of this movie because you have to leave Narnia and face reality.” Like the Pevensie children, you find that the longing for Narnia remains a part of you.
Leticia Velasquez is a regular MercatorNet film reviewer. She lives in New York.
Prince Caspian, here we come!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Among the flood of people, I saw my old college friend Rhaetia there (she's now a lawyer). Their number was in the 300's and had been waiting there for almost 1 hour. When I looked at our number --- 710! Whaaa! It could take us 48 years (as they say) just to enter the place. Ha! Tough luck!
Sayang, we were hoping Zoe will get the see all those FISH!!!! She loves to say FISSSSHHH (whether refering to the live ones in our mini-pond or to the cooked ones on our dinner plate) LOL.
Here are some photos from outside.
After that, we decided to just head to MOA for a quick snack. The place was packed too. How could I forget?!!! It was Mother's Day! So after the snack and going around a bit, we all went straight home feeling so tired (for me, I could even say feeling "weak"). But contrary to all of that, Zoe was in the best of moods --- high spirits pa rin! Grabe! She is so hyper!
When we got home, it was so sad to find out that some of the clothes, although they fit Zoe's body, wouldn't fit Zoe's head. The opening of some t-shirts and dresses were too small for Zoe's big head. Tsk tsk. Sayang. Anyway, at least the other clothes I got are soooo cute!!! I hope I don't forget to take pictures soon.
Btw, prices for infant t-shirts are for only 100 each and 150-200 only for the pants and dresses I think.
Zoe and Dani get along very well. I hope they stay "friends" until they grow old. :-)
So many things happening right now.
...Loads of office work
...Pending and never-ending bills
...No oppssss (hehehe)
...Rising grocery prices
...Over the top gasoline prices
Good thing I have
...Better pay, higher position
...A house to go home to
...Food in the ref and pantry
...No major sickness
...Great family and relatives
...Reliable household help and yaya
...Loving husband :-)
...An Omnipotent God
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I still have some birthday "blues" but got no choice but to return to work today.
Anyway, here's Zoe "enjoying" my birthday. LOL.
Ahhh...what could be a better day than having to eat your favorite french fries? Simple joys are all that matter really.
Thank you to all who sent out comments and birthday greetings! :0)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I'm looking forward to all of God's wonderful blessings for me today and for the rest of my life.
Thank you GOD for this birthday!
Monday, May 12, 2008
To all the other mothers out there, happy mother's day to you!
Hope your day was fun!
Free Myspace Comments
We might try to drop by on Tuesday since I'll be going on leave (it's my birthday!).
Thursday, May 8, 2008
My cousin who went to the States just came back to Manila and brought us some Nike goodies coming from my tita and cousins in Illinois. Thank you!!!
It's time to head back to the gym!!!
:-) ... and not forgetting to pray.
Ahhhh. Now I feel so much better.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Thanks Melisse for this tag!
The rules:Cut and paste the following starting here.I have randomly selected 5 of you below to be tagged and I hope that you will similarly publish this post in your blog. You will have to tag 5 other bloggers and just keep adding on to the list. (Do not replace, just keep on adding! Yes we hope it will be a long list!) It’s real easy! Tag others and see your Technorati Authority increase exponentially!The benefits of Viral Linking:- One of the fastest ways to see your technorati authority explode!- Increase your Google PageRank fast- Attract large volume of new traffic to your site- Build your community- Make new friends!For the links:
The Strategist Notebook, Link Addiction, Ardour of the Heart, When Life Becomes a Book,The Malaysian Life, Yogatta.com, What goes under the sun Roshidan’s Cyber Station,Sasha says,Arts of Physics,And the legend lives,My View, My Life,A Simple Life,Juliana RW,The Callalily Space,Petra,Summer in Blue,Confessions of an Army Wife,Bless’ Sanctuary,Happy Life,http://bless519.bravejournal.com/,La Place de Cherie,Chez Francine,Le bric a brac de Cherie Little Peanut, Pea in a Pod, The Creative In Me,Me and Mine,Pinay Mommy,Expressions from the Heart,TeacherJulie, Sweetbites by Bang, Paul, Toni and Lance - Bridging the Distance, Our Growing Family, The Uncensored life of me, My Untamed World, Yan-Ple’s Party Shop,Childstar Band, My Scrappy Side, BLOGGERHAPPY.COM, Fun.Fierce.Fabulous, Nap Time Rocks!, Juls Random Thoughts, Working It, CODPG, MyParty.Finds.A.Home, Random Thoughts, My Colorful World, Thefogramp, Princess Sophia, My Happy Place, To the moon and back, Iam Dzoi, Scribbles of My Life, In This Game of Life, Kaptyurd, And so I am, Women Xplore, Princess Bela, My Planet Purple, Seize the day, On A Wonderful Day Like Today, House-Everything
You're next - Andrea, Louraine, Tracy, Joey and Agnes!
Thanks Kelly for this tag! I've got loads of stuff to do today.
BUSY PEOPLE: 1.) my chopsuey 2.) mind bubbles 3.) vanity kit 4.) somethingpurple 5.) a detour 5.) women xplore 6.) princes bela 7.) our journey to life 8.) my planet purple 9.) 100% Kelly 10) on a wonderful day like today
Here's my list (or at least part of it):
1. Email Accounting Dept regarding annual increases for May
2. Start merit increase letters of New York and Guam branches
3. Do the revised salary proposal for the California and Tokyo/Osaka branches
4. Prepare appointment letters of newly hired employees
5. File, file, file!
6. Finalize letters of top management increases
... ... ...
Now I'm tagging working moms Nol, Maybelle, and Pat!
Will blog again by tomorrow! Ta-ta!
Monday, May 5, 2008
1. Wentworth Miller of Prison Break
I love those eyes!!! I went ga-ga over them.
2. In the local scene, I like the face of Will Devaughn. Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition kept me wake at night because of him. I think he's a sweet guy.
Now let's move on and go back to reality, alright? Hahaha. My husband is really more than what I asked for. :0)
Zoe has officially been "promoted" to LARGE in the diapers section. Hahaha! I thought she'll be forever using MEDIUM Huggies. LOL.
There's definitely no stopping the "baby girl" from growing up. Maybe it's time for another one. :-) Hopefully, soon!
In the afternoon, we took Zoe to the pedia where she had a flu shot. It was raining pretty hard outside so we decided to skip having snacks outside. When we reached home, there was spaghetti waiting for us courtesy of our neighbor. Sarap!
The next day, we were still in the eating mood. For lunch, we had caldereta. For snacks, we called the ever reliable 911-1111 for 2 boxes of pizza and a bottle of Pepsi. For dinner, it was fried galunggong and sauteed spinach.
Here's some manifestation that Zoe might grow to be a food and soda addict like her Mom.LOL.
Good thing, I can start all over again this week...
To be able to make it to the next payday, we sometimes had to resort to using our credit cards and making personal loans. But with the rising interest rates of these credit card companies, we end up spending a lot more that I thought on finance charges and what-not and I know it's not far until we feel the cringe of these charges on our dispensable income. That is, until we find a good solution to this problem of bad credit loans.
Being tied to these bad credit credit cards, I am relieved to find out about Bad Credit Offers. They can very much be the answer to our credit problems. They offer valuable information and various assistance for your housing, auto and credit card loans. I'll guess it doesn't hurt to try it out. In fact, this might be the end of our seeminly unending debt problems.
Friday, May 2, 2008
A raspberry red-colored new classic Lacoste handbag!
*picture cropped from the Lacoste website.
P.S. SM Megamall is also having a great 3-day sale starting today! Maybe I'll run over there now. LOL.
And so I left my telephone number with them so they can inform me when I have to RUSH OVER THERE. Haha! I just love shopping for Zoe. :-)
Right after retirement, to make up for lost time, he and my aunt decided to get that much-needed rest and recreation. They decided to book a Royal Caribbean cruise, not once but twice, which took them to great places around the world. They often tell us stories from these unforgettable trips and listening to him makes me secretly envious.
Oh I wish I could plan a similar kind of vacation with my husband! If only I could find the perfect time for both of us. I honestly don't want to wait until we're too old to decide to go on trips around the world and enjoy each other's company in a great adventure.
I just learned that there are many kinds of cruises you can choose from such as the Princess Cruises or Norwegian Cruise Lines and that you can actually book them online. Now that it's so easy, I hope to be able to plan our dream destination soon.