Iloilo Adventure 2008

Caution: Loaded with pichurzzzzz!

Since I haven't been back to Iloilo since I was 2 months pregnant with Zoe, we decided to visit my Ate there again this year (thanks to Cebu Pacific's Piso Fare). We were there for just 2 nights and 3 days and was booked at Days Hotel (my first time and I love it there). And since yaya Cat is Illongga, I decided to bring her along and let her get some time off to visit her family in Maasin, Iloilo.

Our flight going there was at 8:30 am. It was Zoe's first time to ride an airplance and travel with us. Ang hirap pala ng may dalang bata! I had to bring so many stuff!!! Anyway, we decided to leave the Maclaren behind because it was stressful enough to be bringing all those baggages, not to mention all of my sister's bilins. LOL.

Here's Zoe at the Domestic Airport:



Zoe and Daddy on board Cebu Pacific:

The flight was very smooth despite the sky being a bit cloudy. We arrived with smiles! The new international airport is nice and clean! Though farther than the old airport, I think Iloilo should be proud of this airport:


Enjoying riding at the back of Ate Cat:

Hunny's officemate based there picked us up at the airport. After that, we borrowed the car for the next 2 days na. So lucky! We met my sister in St. Joseph's School where she teaches Christian Living and Music. We ate lunch at the new resto infront of it, Uncle Tom's:


After lunch, we bought Cat to the jeepney terminal that will bring her to Maasin. Zoe started to cry the moment her yaya left. Tsk. Tsk.

We proceeded to Days Hotel to check-in our bags and refresh up.


We went to my sister's house and then to SEAFDEC (not sure what this means) which is a few minutes from the city. Zoe started to feel not so good on the way and was developing fever and started to vomit in the car. It was so hard since we couldn't just turn back since a friend of my sister was waiting for us at SEAFDEC. Anyway, we tried to go around the place as quick as we can. Sayang, we missed seeing the meter-long bangus which they are culturing there. We only saw the turtles and different fishes and shells. I promise that we'll go back there next time.

Back to the city, we decided to ask my sister's doctor friend to take a look at Zoe's condition and see what we can do to relieve her. Oh wow. She was vomiting and crying like crazy. I felt so bad for her.

That night, we decided to cancel our plans to go out for dinner and ate at the hotel instead. My dad and sis bought food from the restos at the lower level of Atrium, where Days is located. They got us Batchoy, Inasal, BBQ, etc. etc. Namit!

The next morning, I went to attend mass at San Jose Parish. The mass was unusually long since they have an ongoing novena to Sto. Nino. The Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo is in honor of the Sto. Nino, whose image was given by an Augustinian priest from Cebu to the then parish priest of San Jose Church.

After mass, I returned to the hotel and we all went to take our free breakfast buffet. Food's yummy. After that, my sis and I went to take a look at some books at the BookSale at the ground floor of Atrium. She was able to find some nice titles there.

At lunch, we trooped to Breakthrough which is a must for every tourist in Iloilo.

Here are the "sights" in Breakthrough:


Zoe was still feverish so we also spent some time making her enjoy the cool breeze of the beach.


And then after, she enjoyed the "cool breeze" in SM City Mandurriao:


Though sick, she still managed to smile for the camera:

On our way back that afternoon, we encountered right infront of our hotel the Opening Salvo of the Dinagyang. Through not yet in their fanciest costumes, the people's drumbeats and dances were very appealing:



Later that night, my friend Carla arranged for us to meet with our other friends from Iloilo, Det and Philip. We left my Dad and sister in the hotel while we went to Smallville with Zoe for dinner in Bourbon Street. The food there was okay. Zoe particularly liked the seafood chowder. I heard that the owner of this resto and Days Hotel is the same. No wonder their salad looked exactly alike.

The following day, after mass, Carla and I went to buy some pasalubong in the Central Market. Then after breakfast, my Dad and sis decided to walk to Museo Iloilo for some cultural tripping. Hubby, Zoe and I stayed in the hotel since Zoe was still feeling weak. We were supposed to go swimming somewhere but decided to pass because of Zoe's condition.


At lunch time, we went to SM City again to meet with yaya and at the same time catch a glimpse of Lea Salonga who was having a concert in Iloilo that night. Too bad Lea just appeared for a minute without singing at least one song. Anyway, she wrote about this event in her blog so I understand it better now.


See how fast Lea appeared. We didn't even get a chance to go closer.


When yaya and Zoe reunited, all the fever of Zoe faded away. Grabe talaga ang magic ni yaya.

We had lunch at Afrique's which was a treat from Carla (sorry no pictures).

That afternoon, we went check out the ukay-ukays there (didn't get to buy anything though) and then we to my sister's house (Tawili) because they invited my dad to give a talk on Critical Thinking to the college girls who go there regularly during Saturdays.

While my Dad was giving the talk, we asked the yaya to put Zoe to sleep while we make a run for SM Delgado to buy our last-minute pasalubongs for the folks in Manila.

Then before heading for the airport, we walked to JD Bakeshop and Cafe for a quick dinner. Zoe was feeling so much better, thank God.

We reached the airport via taxi (Light of Glory taxi is so efficient). When we got there, we learned that our flight was delayed for over an hour. We managed somehow and arrived in the house before midnight. :-)

Until our next trip to Iloilo! :-) Thanks sis for taking care of us while we were there. See you next month!

Comments

elapot said…
wow, mukhang nagenjoy talaga kayo ha! thanks for sharing, esp. the pics! :)
I stayed in the same place (days Hotel) when i visited iloilo ...nice place!
Pat said…
ang cute talaga ni zoe! may sakit pa yan ha. nagutom ako sa pix mo ng food!
wow! I miss iloilo! hubby used to be assigned here for 2 years. grabe sarap ng food!

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky