Home Matters Get-together

I had a great time last Saturday during the Christmas get-together of Home Matters. Despite the delay that we had on the way to the party because Zoe felt sick in the car and vomitted, we were still able to catch the demo of the Yuletide Log (cake) plus the wonderful talk of Ms. Monina Mercado about Christmas and her book. Too bad, I missed the demo of the Callos (sooo yummy!).




While the ladies were doing their thing, the ones in charge took all the kids in one of Judy's bedrooms and allowed them to jump up and down the beds. Zoe was so amused with the other kids --- I caught her shrieking one time while she and the other kids played in the bedroom. Plus, I loved Judy's unit. It was simple yet very elegant. I wish I could also use matching furnitures, linens and decorations in each of the rooms. Her traditional belen is also very well prepared. It was the center of attraction, really. Which reminds me, I need to to bring out our family belen soon.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of Judy's belen but only got to snap a shot of her Christmas village.


As souvenirs, we were each given a wooden decor of Mother & Child plus a booklet on how to do the Advent Wreath ceremony. I wish I could find an Advent Wreath soon plus the 4 candles (3 violet and 1 pink) so we can do the lighting of the Advent candles next week.

Christmas is really just around the corner. And as Mrs. Mercado told us, "Jesus is your friend and his birthday is on December 25." More than the material gifts we give to others, may all of us find a special gift which we could give to Jesus on his birthday.

Comments

Mich said…
sana may next time pa uli para maka-attend ako. hehehe!
Vina P said…
hi mich! i'll invite you next time ha. last month they actually had talks on how to properly clean your bedroom and bathroom, but i wasn't able to attend. last last month naman, about home management for young moms. it's actually very helpful. plus you'll get to meet other young moms like us :-)
Vina P said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky