Shaken

Yup, "I feel the earth move under my skin"...lalaladadadada.

It was around 12:27 pm Tuesday, November 27, 2007. Just when I was at the Penthouse of one of the buildings here in Makati attending noontime mass and just after the consecration part, we felt shaken by an earthquake. I held my mini-pouch to my chest and looked at the others, some of whom looked scared as me. Surprisingly, the priest didn't stop saying the liturgy while the ground was shaking. But after everything was normal, that was the time the priest asked if we were alright. I hate to admit it, even if I was at mass, at the very presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist, I still got scared for a minute, promise.

My first crazy thought was, naku, kami ang unang marerescue kung tumumba tong building na to since nasa Penthouse kami! Hahaha. Tapos, after the mass, I thought twice if I would ride the elevator. Praning na. Takot ako baka dun ako matuluyan :-) I texted my hubby who was in QC and he said he didn't feel anything. I called the house after I got back to the office and asked my Dad if everything was okay. Apparently, I was the only one in my family who felt shaken...

My realization - I shouldn't be afraid because God is with me! Bakit ba ako kinabahan sobra? Imagine, I could have died right there during the mass and it would have been a great grace (but thank God din that didn't happen). Siguro kinabahan ako because nakakatakot naman talaga kasi mas malakas ang impact ng movement dahil nasa top kami (or maybe nagdadahilan lang din ako, I don't know, hehehe).

All I can say is that, in this world we live in, we humans, especially us who are Christians, should realize that this is not our permanent world. All of us are just passing through, moving towards another life which is much much better: better than we could ever imagine. We need to be prepared lang at all times because we do not know when our time is up. :-)

Just some of my personal thoughts for today...now back to work, Vina.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky