Anne S. Menu Express

I was with my friend Anne last night and I found out that she has discovered blogging too. Anne is a consultant on menu planning and budgeting (yes, there is such a thing). I've availed a few months back of her complete menu planning kit which consists of a monthly family menu plus a nutritional guide. It's been very helpful in planning our daily meals and in putting variety in the food we eat.

For example, my dad is 61 years old and we need to set some diet rules for him. For his benefit and that of the rest of the family, I told him to stop buying pork and beef (or at least minimize it) since we want to keep his cholesterol level low. We have been sticking to a healthier diet of fruits, vegetables, fish and chicken (sans the skin). Compared to having nilaga and sinigang at least once a week, we only have it once every two weeks na lang. Besides, with the menu planning kit, I'm able to try out new meals which are yummy but without the fat. We've also stopped buying tocino and longganisa from the market. Instead, we have subsituted it with galunggong, daing or danggit with rice (my husband just 'needs' to eat rice in the morning).

And it isn't that bad at all! Having a menu plan really helps us keep to our diet and at the same time save on added costs in overstocking food in the ref and pantry.

If you need help on this area, you may ask my friend Anne Soriano for assistance.

Her blog (still new though) is:

http://annes.menuexpress.googlepages.com/

Now, I just gotta tweak the number of times I eat out and give in to Razon's bulalo steak! Hehehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky