A Day In The Life of Mommy

On the last day of work for 2007, Zoe rode with his Daddy to pick me up in the office. She went up to my floor and saw where Mommy spents most of her day working (that's from 8:30 am- 6pm (or even later), M-F). I made her do the "mano po" to my bosses and wave "Hello" to my officemates. Maybe she was thinking, "so this is where you go when you wave bye-bye to me and disappear in the morning!".

Being in a new environment, I was surprised that she wasn't cranky at all. She even made a lot of noise (shrieking, laughing, babbling) that I was afraid that the big boss (as in our company's owner) will go out of her room to see who's the one making the commotion in the room. Haha!



While I arranged my things and turned off the computer, Zoe tried sitting on my chair and banging on the keyboards of the computer. Hala!! I think she felt right at home 'coz her Lolo would also make her play with his computer all the time.



"Baby, if only you knew that I would so much rather spend my time at home than in the office to take care of you. But of course, I have my reasons too for continuing working and it doesn't mean that I value you less or I am less of a mother to you. In time you'll understand it better. Mommy has to work because this is also part of her vocation plus it's a way to augment our family's income so we can have a better kind of life. So even if I'm a working mom, I'm still your Mom no matter what and your Dad and I love you more than anybody else on earth." :-)

Comments

Pam said…
hi vina..

thanks for the tip.. and please email me your menu.. hehehehe
apamski@yahoo.com

also.. same here... if only we can be with our little one than in the office :)
Jen said…
Belle can also make "bless" to other people. Her head goes down to the hand she's holding, she doesn't pull the hand up to her forehead. :)
Vina P said…
hi pam! i emailed na my monthly menu plan. hope it helps!

hi jenny! si zoe naman gets the hand of the other person and puts it in her forehead. kahit nag-wewave lang yung other person kala niya nagpapa-"bless" pa rin. hehehe. :-)
Anonymous said…
hi vina!

bakit kaya ganun noh, pag working mom feeling guilty talaga..haaaii.
ganun yata tlga..

my son din, ahahaha like zoe, mapalapit lang ng konti ang kamay, i-bbless kaagad! Ü
Vina P said…
HI VAN! Let's not feel guilty anymore! If we can't be SAHMs, basta we love them our best and give them good example, I'm sure they will turn out ok :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky