Buko Addict

I am a self-confessed buko (coconut) addict.

We used to have 2 coconut trees right in our own backyard years ago and we would always harvest sweet and delectable buko from those trees. I remember from my childhood days those hot summer afternoons when we had "free" buko. It was so refreshing! Sadly, we had to cut those trees when we there was a storm one time and both trees almost got uprooted because of the strength of the wind.

Anyway, when I got pregnant 2 years ago, my love for buko has intensified all the more. I actually craved for buko in whatever form: as juice, salad, ice cream, and even yogurt. Some say that maybe the reason why came out Zoe fair-skinned is because of all that buko that I ate during my pregnancy. Well, maybe.

What's funny is even up to know, I still crave for buko and would never say no if offered one. Especially now that it's summer here in the Philippines, a cold glass of buko is the answer to my prayers! Good thing Fruitas offers buco juice, buko shake and buko salad day in and day out! Love it!


I told my husband that if ever I'll get into the food business, buko products will definitely be on top of my list.

Happy hot summer everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Celebration - 8th Anniversary

Get Lucky